Friday, July 16, 2010

Ava Gardner...oh you Southern Beauty you!


I have had this book on my shelf for about 6 years now and had yet to crack it open until this holiday. Well, I actually had tried but failed miserably. I was fully immersed in my mommy role, pregnant with my second. Reading was thrown out the window for a bit as I was busy with morning (all-day-sickness is more accurate), preparing baby food and entertaining my darling love. My love for vintage had subsided, also. Wasn't really feeling all inspired with baby grossness on all parts of me. But I am dedicated to reading once again and have somehow found some time between looking after two girls, keeping house, showering every once in a while, loving my hubby, walking the dog, planning our wedding and blogging.

Ava Gardner is an amazing talent and defined the true Hollywood story. This book was written over two years and published right after her death in 1990 from pneumonia. I love Ava because she was real, down to earth, followed her moral compass, reveled in the sweet pleasures in life, was strong and never submissive to the men in her life (Mickey Rooney, Frank Sinatra, Howard Hughes - not really a love interest from her side but he was very interested in acquiring her), and always looking for love. Amazingly written and insightful, I couldn't put it down. If you want to check it out it may still be in print, but I have a beautiful copy.

Her look also inspired me to change mine. I love vintage, Ava and the wedding is going to be at a 1930s movie theatre. So I had to change it up! Hope you like my new do!


No comments:

Post a Comment