Sunday, October 9, 2011

IRON CHEF CHALLENGE: CHICKPEA and PEANUT BUTTERCREAM FROSTING


I am definitely not an iron chef or a chef at best...but I wanted to try my hand at this fun little challenge. I decided to do something different and make something sweet with the vegan dietary staple. So I present to you

CHICKPEA AND PEANUT BUTTERCREAM FROSTING

INGREDIENTS:

1/3 cup of chickpeas uncooked from a can
1 cup of peanut butter (smoothness depends on the texture you desire...I used crunchy)
3 cups of icing sugar
1/3 cup of milk
1 tsp. of vanilla

STEP BY STEP:





















You might also want to try the frosting in a streudel with chocolate or pumpkin pie jam! Yums!

Hope all are having a great weekend.

xoxo



4 comments:

  1. Omg! I just posted some chickpea buttercream, too! I love the idea of adding peanut butter, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome concept. Bookmarked to try ASAP. Congrats for making the Vegan MoFo list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so delicious! And what a coincidence that I soaked a cup of chickpeas last night - cannot wait to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never would have thought of this combo! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete