In honour of my sis Eleanor, I am posting her famous Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.
We were fortunate to taste these MoFos on Thanksgiving. They are absolutely chewy. Sweet but not overwhelming. The ultimate comfort food.
We also had the opportunity to have our photos of the weekend taken by her hubby, our bro, John D at Praxis Photography. The flickr stream of all his amazing photojournalism, wedding, portrait and life photos can be viewed here. Our wedding is there too.
Here are a few photos from the weekend:
Me and my youngest babe
My Youngest Babe
The Infamous El, partner to John D., Mom to Saoirse and Eabha, co-owner of praxisphotography
Our entire fam minus John D., he's behind the camera
CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
3/4 cup of oil
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp of flaw meal
1/2 cup of soy milk
2 cups of whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 cup of cocoa powder
1 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
1 cup of chocolate chips
1. In a small dish mix the milk with the flax.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and oil. Add the flax mix and vanilla.
3. Mix dry ingredients in medium bowl.
4. Fold the dry into wet in batches
5. Mix the chips in with your hands
6. Roll them into cookie-sized balls and press gently with a fork onto oiled cookie sheet.
They grow outwards not upwards.
7. Cook for 9-10 minutes on 350.