Thursday, May 19, 2011

A LETTER FROM THE DUKE

Well kind of...

Last week I did something out of my comfort zone but good intention was there. A local radio station announced that they would reward $100,000 CAD to the person (s) who could deliver the Duke and Duchess to their station for a 20 minute interview legally (I guess meaning they had to come of their own free will). Most people could definitely use that money, me being no exception. But rather than convince them to come and help a mama out, I suggested that if they did the interview I would give them all the money to donate to the charity of their choice.

I spent an hour crafting the letter and placed it on my fanciest of papiers and sent it in the mail.

WELL....I GOT A RESPONSE - by ROYAL AIR MAIL to be exact!

And although I can't go into the details due to confidentiality, the Press Office did in fact read the letter, responded with sweetness and sincerity and regretfully declined the offer.

1 comment:

  1. Crystal,
    Your post on my blog was one of the ones that really moved me. Thank you so much for those words! I would love to send you something...but wanted to let you choose :) Email me your address and your most desired piece from my shop! Lots of love -Kelli

    ReplyDelete