Friday, April 15, 2011

KATE'S WEDDING DRESS DESIGNER REVEALED: MARCHESA



Two weeks lovelies! The moment I have been waiting for my whole life (maybe Kate feels the same) has finally arrived.

First up, the WEDDING DESIGNER pick. Although it has yet to be revealed, I have my own ideas. Firstly, I believe that the designer will be British. Reason being that this is a Royal British event and a chance to showcase British talent. That thus leaves four strong designers in the running: Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen, John Galliano for House of Dior, and Marchesa. Stella McCartney, while stunning, is a bit too understated for my liking. Alexander McQueen is polar opposite of Stella and I feel that the circumstances surrounding his death will leave a bad taste in most people's mouths. Galliano recently was fired from Dior for racist remarks. Thus, MARCHESA!!!

It was only recently that I discovered the name of this designer whom I have adored for several years. I had picked up an OK Magazine that for some reason was in the children's area of our small library. There was an entire spread on the designer, Georgina Chapman, modeling her clothes.

If you have not heard of Marchesa, you have seen her clothes!!!

She has dressed Halle Berry, Cameron Diaz, Blake Lively, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, and Jennifer Lopez. She is most famous, however, for dressing Sandra Bullock for the 2010 Academy Awards for which she took home the Best Actress Oscar, and Nicole Richie when marrying her partner, Joel Madden, in December 2010.





Her pieces are whimsical, delicate, intricate, unique and show-stoppers - all the necessary ingredients for a bride walking done the aisle to bestill her soon-to-be husband's beating heart.

Funny thing: Today I just happened to be searching one of my fave bridal sites, the Wedding Chicks, and they posted on their homepage the new Marchesa Wedding Line for 2011. Coincidence? I think not.

Below are the elements of Kate's dress that I think will be include. The shoulders will be covered. This is a royal element as much as a practical element (Aprils in Britain are predictably chilly). There will be a lot of lace incorporated. The train will be long and delicate. Kate's back will be revealed partially. There will be a personal touch requested by Kate.

I am so keen for the dress revelation, however, I must wait, as the rest of the world. But when Kate and her bridesmaids emerge from their carriage and the official press release reveals the designer, I am confident in hearing "MARCHESA"!

xoxoxo

Good night my lovelies






No comments:

Post a Comment